This website is run by I Weigh Community. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to view a scaled version of the website without breaking the flow of content
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- YouTube videos featured in our home page video gallery are playable, but you may find it easier to navigate between the individual video posts on our video archive page.
- YouTube videos that are linked away from our own uploaded videos may not have captions or other accessibility features.
- The top section of our home page features an auto-playing video on larger, non mobile displays. We have provided a pause feature so that anyone wanting to view the site with reduced motion can stop the video.
- When users first land on the site they are presented with a pop-up which disrupts the main page flow. We counter this by:
- Presenting the pop-up instantly, with no animation
- Instantly focusing the close button on the pop up, so that all users are clearly presented with a way to bypass the introduction.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 28 January 2020.
We prioritised the testing of key pages such as home, stories, impact and mission, and also tested a sample of the posts available on the site.
- our main website platform, available at https://iweighcommunity.com/
- any website resources that are hosted on third-party websites (e.g. YouTube videos)
You can read the full accessibility test report here.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will ensure that all content added to the site will continue to meet our accessibility standard outlined above.
This statement was prepared on 28 January 2020. It was last updated on 28 January 2020.